Sunday, January 23, 2011

Compliments To The Chef!


John Reardon, owner of Compliments to the Chef
 Recently, on a beautiful snowy day I had the wonderful experience of walking into the Saratoga Springs, NY, shop Compliments to the Chef.

It all happened quite unexpectedly. My good friend and I were right in the middle of testing my newest recipe. As I read my check list, it seemed as though I had every thing needed for the new recipe: brown rice flour.....check, Stewart's Shops Buttermilk.....Check.....etc. However I still felt that I must be missing something, which of course I was, my digital food scale that I had left at home. In a panic I called Compliments to the Chef. When John picked up the phone I learned that he had only one food scale left and he gave me a fabulous deal (thank you, John). I jumped in the car, drove through the snow storm, and carefully parked on Broadway.  Little did I know what a wonderful shopping experience I was about to have.

From the moment I walked in the door I was impressed. Although the downtown Saratoga Springs shop is a modest size, it is chock full with great tools for anyone who loves to cook, who wants to learn how to cook, who needs a gift for a cook, and/or who wants to have fun in their kitchen while cooking.

Owners John & Paula Reardon have stocked their shelves with an extensive collection of quality brand name products such as: WÜSTHOF Knives,  J.A. Henckels knives, Le Creuset cookware, All Clad cookware (one of John's favorites), Staub Cast Iron cookware (one of Paula's favorites), Harold Import Company bakeware, Jura-Capresso Coffee machines, and many more.

What truly makes this shop unique is the proprietors' attention to detail and their strong awareness for the environment. In fact, you will find that there are many "green" products for you to choose from. One of the green products that made an instant impression is the Lawson & Goodnow PaperStone Cutting Boards. These boards are dishwasher safe, knife friendly, stain resistant, and renewable/sustainable.

After speaking with John and Paula you can feel their deep connection to the community, also displayed on their shelves by carrying local crafters hand-made creations. Among the home-grown products are Adam Celiski's "Cut & Serve" hand made cutting boards and wooden spoons made exclusively from all natural New York State hardwoods and Lesperance Tile Works' ornate spoon holders (shown below).

Gadget Enthusiast?  Look no further, John & Paula's walls are lined with plenty of useful gadgets to choose from. The one that caught my eye is the Utensil Max utensil holder. This nifty little gadget fits onto the side of almost any pot or pan and holds your utensil of choice (shown below).

The next time you find yourself walking down Broadway in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY, stop at Compliments to the Chef and be prepared to shop...and with a special bonus of 10% off!
Simply mention this blog, "Gluten Free With Amy" and you will get 10% off non-sale items within the store. (discount may exclude certain items.) Compliments to the Chef is located at 488 Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY  12866 and online at http://www.saratogachef.com/. Happy Shopping!


John showing off WÜSTHOF Knives        Red Utensil Max untensil holder            Lesperance Tile Works' spoon holder




Mention our Gluten Free With Amy Blog and receive 10% off your next purchase at Compliments to the Chef! (discount available on non-sale items only. Certain items may not apply.)


No comments:

Post a Comment